Trust me, I work hard and am committed to practicing what I preach. More than anything, I value building dynamic and results-based relationships with exceptional people. Over the years, I have been blessed to have a number of key mentors who have coached and guided me in the principles of success.
One of those is Dr. Larry Senn, chairman and founder of Senn Delaney, a Heidrick & Struggles company. I was honored to be a partner with Senn Delaney and for almost 20 years worked with and learned from some of the most talented leadership consultants, who believed strongly in the Senn Delaney values-based approach of creating solutions for organizations, their leaders and employees at all levels of the organization.
Senn Delaney refers to them as the "Essential Values Set." They are:
- A performance value, which has a results focus, high expectations and an emphasis on personal accountability.
- A collaborative value, which promotes cross-organizational teamwork, mutual support and decisions for the greater good.
- A change value, which encourages innovation, openness to change, individual and organizational coaching, mentoring and learning.
- An ethics/integrity value, which provides an essential foundation for all else.
- An organizational (individual and team) health value, which creates and energized, open, trusting, respectful, positive, hopeful and optimistic environment.
Today, I utilize those values in the practice of Leadership Transitioning™. They have made a difference not only for me, but for hundreds of corporations and organizations the world over. I know they will help you, too. To learn more, please visit my website at www.leadershiptransitioning.com, or call me at (330) 754-5767.
Jim Ondrus pioneered the management concept of Leadership Transitioning™. He is president of JA Ondrus, LLC, a Canton, Ohio executive coaching firm.